HOW DOES IT WORK?

ProFollica™ uses a 3-pronged attack on the causes of hair loss.

First, the shampoo removes excess sebum from the scalp - unclogging the hair follicles. This allows the hair follicles to grow unobstructed.

Second, the ingredients in the shampoo and lotion reduce the level of DHT on the scalp. This allows the hair root to produce thicker hair.

Third, the nutrients in the pills increase blood flow and nutrients going to the hair follicle. The increased blood flow stimulates the hair follicles, producing healthier hair.

Hair Loss Basics: What you need to know


For anyone considering using a hair loss treatment, we've put together a short primer to cover some basic things you should be familiar with. We'll cover subjects such as how and why hair grows, why some people lose their hair, and known causes of hair loss. We'll also offer suggestions on ways to first stop hair loss and then how to get it growing again.

Hair Loss Basics: What you need to know


For anyone considering using a hair loss treatment, we've put together a short primer to cover some basic things you should be familiar with. We'll cover subjects such as how and why hair grows, why some people lose their hair, and known causes of hair loss. We'll also offer suggestions on ways to first stop hair loss and then how to get it growing again.


Hair Growth: How it occurs


Hair growth in humans is staggered, meaning some hair is growing while other hairs are resting (even on the same person). In a normal, non-balding person, about 90% of the hair on their head is in a 2-7 year growth phase. The other 10% is experiencing a 2-4 month resting phase. As one hair is shed, a new one takes it's place. This process repeats itself over and over again over many years in most people.

Hair loss occurs when this natural process becomes skewed. Instead of the re-growth rate occurring faster than the shed rate, the opposite occurs, Thus, the rate of shedding exceeds the rate of re-growth. Although simplistic, this is usually what occurs in people who are bald or are balding.


The Cause of Hair Loss


It is now known that hair loss is directly linked to the presence of DHT (dihydrotestosterone). DHT is formed when testosterone and 5-alpha-reductase merge. This overabundance of DHT leads to follicles that grow back shorter and thinner. Over time, this DHT imbalance leads to baldness in many of its forms.

This DHT imbalance is believed to be caused by genetics or an underlying medical condition. It is a situation that affects millions of men and usually occurs after puberty.

Causes of Temporary Hair Loss


In addition to the above scenario, there are several factors that can lead to temporary hair loss or thinning. Often, cases like this can be remedied by treating the underlying situation or trigger. Some of these include:

1. Improper Nutrition
2. Medications
3. Damaging hair products
4. Medical treatments
5. Scalp Infection or disease
6. Disease

Most of these can be treated with a variety of products that are available over-the-counter or by prescription. It may be wise to seek the counsel of a doctor or health practitioner to help diagnose the problem.

Known Treatments for Hair Loss


There are basically 4 accepted methods to treat hair loss. Some of these hair loss treatments are designed to stop hair loss while others are meant to re-grow hair. These now include:

1. Antiandrogens- prevent DHT from combining or binding with androgen receptors.

2. Anti-Inflammatories- designed to prevent inflammation, redness, and itching that can occur on the scalp and make hair loss worse.

3. DHT Inhibitors- designed to restore a healthy balance of shedding and re-growth by limiting the production of DHT, which leads to hair loss in some if left unchecked.

4. Growth Stimulants- these treatments are designed to stimulate the growth of new hair.